Edgar:

Could you attach the AAE section of your app.config?  I’d like to look into
this issue further for you.  Something I think you might be running into is
https://github.com/basho/riak_core/pull/483.

The issue of concern is that the LevelDB bloom filter is not enabled properly
for the instance into which the AAE data is stored.  You can mitigate this
particular issue by adding {use_bloomfilter, true} as shown below:

            %% The LevelDB options used by AAE to generate the LevelDB-backed
            %% on-disk hashtrees.
            {anti_entropy_leveldb_opts, [{write_buffer_size, 4194304},
                                         {max_open_files, 20}]},

Becomes:

            %% The LevelDB options used by AAE to generate the LevelDB-backed
            %% on-disk hashtrees.
            {anti_entropy_leveldb_opts, [{write_buffer_size, 4194304},
                                         {use_bloomfilter, true},
                                         {max_open_files, 20}]},

This might not solve your specific problem, but it will certainly improve your
AAE performance.

Thanks,
Charlie Voiselle