Hi Mikhail,

> Look like a single point of failure.
> In current version situation is same?

Yes, this is a possible single point of failure, but Stanchion is only needed
for the creation of buckets and user accounts. Object access is unaffected if
Stanchion isn’t running.
If stanchion did die, the system would run at partial feature availability
until you get it running again.  If the node irrecoverably died, you could just
point all the RiakCS instances to a new stanchion node.

One of Riak 2.0’s features is strong consistency, so we plan on using that in
the future instead of stanchion. For Riak 1.4.8 (current version), stanchion is
required.

Thanks,
Alex