If I do this, I got the right index:

http://RIAK:8098/search/index/famous
=> {"name":"famous","n_val":3,"schema":"_yz_default"}

If I do this, I get an error:
http://RIAK:8098/search/index/animals
=> not found

What I don't understand is why it believes the index is the bucket name and
not the index I created for it?

riak-admin bucket-type create animals '{"props":{"search_index":"famous"}}'
riak-admin bucket-type activate animals

Shouldn't it be looking for a "famous" index instead of an "animals" index??

Thanks!
Alex