So are you suggesting that it's not advisable to use even KV backed by LevelDB
in a TS instance, or is it more that performance is unknown and therefore not
guaranteed / supported?  If the data is otherwise "safe", this may still be a
better option for us than running separate clusters.

Are others who need both a general KV store and the TS functionality running
multiple clusters to handle this use case?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Damion