Thank you, Andrew, and Bet365 for hosting this event, and for shepherding Riak
through these difficult times.

I will not be able to attend, but under enhancements, I would encourage the
group to discuss the late enhancements to Riak/KV to support efficient bucket
and key listing for sorted back ends.  This work can be found on the develop
and develop-2.2 branches of riak_kv; it was not formally shipped in any Basho
production releases, but listing buckets has seen some testing (and the code
changes are relatively small).

Listing buckets in time proportional to the number of buckets (not the number
of keys in the cluster), and keys in a bucket proportional to the number of
keys in the bucket (not the number of keys in the cluster) seems like a
laudable goal for which I am sure customers would find use cases.  Key listing
has always been an operation known to kill large clusters, and the advice has
always been, "don't do that", despite its obvious utility.  With these changes,
that advice can be dropped for a subset of users.

-Fred

https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/pull/1634
<https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/pull/1634>
https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/pull/1650