I have updated CMPR. Documentation can be found at
http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/programs/crystallography/software/cmpr/ (and
within a day or so, the ccp14 mirrors, http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/mirror/)

For people who have not used CMPR, it reads powder data in a variety of
formats, plots data in multiple formats, does peak fitting (optionally
with the Finger/Cox/Jephcoat asymmetry correction) does manual powder
indexing and shows extinction conditions. It runs under Windows and UNIX
with the same graphical user interface and the same features. It is
written in Tcl/Tk so that anyone can add new features (no compiler
needed).

Please send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (don't reply to this message!)
if you use CMPR so that I can add your name to the mailing list for
notice of future updates. I will not announce them in [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brian
Brian H. Toby, Ph.D.                    Leader, Crystallography Team
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      NIST Center for Neutron Research, Stop 8562
voice: 301-975-4297     National Institute of Standards & Technology
FAX: 301-921-9847                        Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8562