-----Original Message-----
From: Whitfield, Pamela [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 12:50 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Alan

I agree - I found them as well, but this particular P3112/P3212 group is
very rare.  Given that software tends to deal with space group
interpretation on a case-by-case basis it does mean that problems can be
specific to a particular group - especially if it hasn't been tested
before. Some software deals with it OK, others don't. You won't find the
Li material in the database, it's a recent postulated superstructure for
a layered battery material.

Pam

Dr Pamela Whitfield CChem MRSC
Energy Materials Group
Institute for Chemical Process and Environmental Technology Building M12
National Research Council Canada 1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa  ON   K1A 0R6
CANADA
Tel: (613) 998 8462         Fax: (613) 991 2384
Email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>