Dear Rietveld users,

I am a chemist confronting occasionally crystallographic problems. For instance, now I need an extensive tutorial for special form factors in GSAS and Fullprof.

My current problem is about a rotating methyl group. I am thinking about to describe it by a C atom and another imagined atom at the geometrical center of the 3 H atoms, which has 3 electrons on a circle of the correct radius.

I believe a special form factor would be the right answer to my problem. However, my trouble is that I don't know the way that special form factors are inputed into, e.g., GSAS or Fullprof. Specifically, I need a nice expert among you to teach me, waht the two column table (sin(theta)/lambda_ff) in GSAS and the 7(?) real number in Fullprof mean.

Thanking you so much

Xiaobo Yang
Institute of Physical Chemistry
University of Hanover
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to