One should handle each part of the pattern in it's natural scale:
-Pattern representation (purely, without instrumental broadening) in Q
-Geometric part of the instrumental function in an angular scale (e.g.
 radian)
-Wavelength part of the instrumental function in the nm or k-scale
 (1/nm) for simple handling
as done in BGMN plus related programs.

--
Joerg Bergmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>