Dear all,

I too have posed style similar questions to Arnt Kern at Bruker.

He pointed me to amongst other sources Wikipedia for a general
background in this topic.
However Im still keen to get a better understanding of
use/parameterisation within Topas and I too welcome any contributions to
this subject.

Dr Tim Hyde
Principal Scientist
Johnson Matthey Technology Centre
Blounts Court
Sonning Common
Reading RG4 9NH

Tel: +44 (0) 118 924 2152
Fax: +44 (0) 118 924 2254
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 19/04/08 00:40 >>>
Dear all,

Now i am using the Topas Academic software to do the refinement of my

sample which has stronger preferred orientations in some directions.
In the program, i use the general spherical harmonics function to
correlate the effect, as shown as below,

'Preferred Orientation using Spherical Harmonics
        PO_Spherical_Harmonics(sh, 6 load sh_Cij_prm {
                k00   !sh_c00  1.0000
                k41    sh_c41   0.36706`
                k61    sh_c61  -0.30246`
                } )

And I see the literature, texture index J is used to evaluate the
extent of PO by the equation shown in attachment ( I don't how to put

the equation here).

But I am not sure what the l means and it’s not easy to find the
detailed calculation in the literature. So I am wondering could
someone of you give me some advice of the meaning of parameters m, n,

l and in my case. Is the l is equal to 4 and 6?

Thank you very much for all your help and time.

Xiujun Li
Master Student
Advanced Materials and Processing Laboratory
Chemical and Materials Engineering
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2G6
Phone: 1-780-492-0701

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl -
www.mailcontrol.com

Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
 to report this email as spam

If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient(s), please be advised
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. Johnson Matthey PLC has its main place of business at 40-42 Hatton
Garden, London (020 7269 8400).

Johnson Matthey Public Limited Company
Registered Office: 40-42 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8EE
Registered in England No 33774

Whilst Johnson Matthey aims to keep its network free from viruses you should
note that we are unable to scan certain emails, particularly if any part is
encrypted or password-protected, and accordingly you are strongly advised to
check this email and any attachments for viruses. The company shall NOT ACCEPT
any liability with regard to computer viruses transferred by way of email.

Please note that your communication may be monitored in accordance with Johnson
Matthey internal policy documentation.