Date sent:              Thu, 08 May 2008 19:17:53 +0200
From:                   Luca Lutterotti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: Preferred orientation?
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Copies to:              rietveld_l@ill.fr

Reinhard,

I stick with what Gerard said:

"But i have no other information that supports the existence of
preferred orientation"

so what information give you the confirmation it is the powder mount
responsible of preferred orientation. I work almost exclusively with
image plate detectors and I can assure you that the graininess problem
is appearing more often than the preferred orientation case. I am
working on texture mostly so I am happy when you find them, but this
case is not s frequent as people think and for sure not s frequent as
graininess.

I wait also confirmation from Gerard that his sample is a powder and
it has plate like or fiber like particles. Otherwise I will
investigate the graininess case that with a proper grinding or a
spinner is easily resolvable.

Also, for who think that because the harmonic model can fit it is for
sure preferred orientation. I can just suggest to work for a while
with real textured sample and the harmonic and see if there is really
this relationship, you may be surprise by the result.

cheers,
        Luca

------- End of forwarded message ---------
Miguel Gregorkiewitz