Hi all,

I've never used one of these Anton Paar furnaces, but with some of my
instruments (externally heated, not Pt resistive foil heated) I could actually
use the thermocouple as the sample mount.  I also had an instrument that had a
thermocouple in contact with the powder sample, which due to thermal expansion
mismatch would upon heating expand and split the sample surface giving rise to
ugly split peaks so be careful... (you can imagine that implementation lasted
as many samples as it took me to figure out what the peak splitting problem
was).

Alex Y

Dr. Alexandre (Alex) F. T. Yokochi
Assistant Professor