Hello Yaro,

I think that your view is correct, but if want to play with details, the energy dispersive diffraction like ToF can be called spectroscopy.

From Wikipedia (it's sometimes useful):

"Spectroscopy was originally the study of the interaction between radiation and matter as a function of wavelength (λ)."

There is no word whether "function of wavelength" is in the incident radiation or in the radiation emitted, diffracted, transmitted ... by the matter.

So, I would say that the final data is always the diffraction pattern, i.e. how the crystal looks in the reciprocal space. However, the technique to obtain the diffraction pattern, can be called a spectroscopy (like ToF). And the raw data from this technique is a spectrum ...

Have a nice weekend

Radovan