>All Rietvelders (included me) are certainly trying
> a completely free refinement before to decide or
> not to use selected restraints.

About "All" I certainly doubt.

>Am I especially scrutinized? I feel more and more
>uncomfortable about such verifications of everything I do:

I believe that one should be happy about such an interest to his works ;-)

>Leonid, I suggest you to try K4P2O7 - synchrotron data...

If you send me the data I may try.

Regarding the fears, the colleagues etc.: geometric and other parameters can
not be regarded as wrong or right irrespectively of their uncertainties. If
distances deviate from their expectations or DFTized values within 3 e.s.u.
they are not wrong - they are REAL (if e.s.u. are real).

Leonid A. Solovyov
Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
660049, K. Marx 42, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
http://sites.google.com/site/solovyovleonid