>but here we are talking about densities of stacking faults around 1%
>(thatis anyway quite a high value for these alloys).
>Your quantification was less than that. Now it means you have one
>cell every 100 affected for the intensities. How much change do you
>expect to have? Your occupancy of the 0,0,1/3 is way higher than
>that (nearly 1/3 if Iremember). Then you have the B factor trying
>to compensating the wrong intensities given by this too high occupation.
>But it alters even more the quantification.

In the DDM-input file the column N contains N of atoms per unit cell, not the
occupancy. This is written in the manual. So, the total occupancy of the
additional (0,0,1/3) position (by Zn + Cu) is around 0.13, which is high enough
to notably affect the intensities. If you don’t take this effect into account
you have biased results.

Regarding the sample, I’m not ready to discuss its properties here as I did not
work with it.

Leonid A. Solovyov
Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
660036, Akademgorodok 50/24, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
http://sites.google.com/site/solovyovleonid