To be honest, I can't imagine that crystallographic knowledge can be effectively transmitted via facebook. Probably one could safe time by reading some basic textbooks instead of "liking" and "following". The same holds for other "asocial" (Lubo, I like this statement!) networks like researchgate, what also waste the time even of uninvolved people by spamming, just for generating profits by the companies.

The central points have already been fixed by Alan:

The advantage of the Rietveld mailing list is that contributions
aren't anonymous, it is not commercial and no use is made of users'
information, publicity is limited, and there is a structured archive
of discussion that is open to all, even those who don't have an account.

This is like science should be. Alan, thank you very much for all your altruistic efforts with the list!
Greetings

Reinhard