Dear all,

Following the discussion below I want to take the opportunity to inform all
“Rietvelders” who are dealing somehow with cement that our Institute offers a
set of reference cements for chemical and mineralogical analyses.
We had the discussion in the German cement industry for a long time that we
want to have samples with reliable information on the main element chemistry,
trace elements and mineralogical composition (XRD/Rietveld) as well. So we have
organized a Round Robin test with up to 20 experienced laboratories and produce
a set of three reference cements (CEM I; CEM II/B-M (S-LL); CEM III/B).
To be clear: the samples are not certified reference material as defined in ISO
Guide 30,  but we handle it in amounts of 200g each so that you can prepare
even pressed pellets without wasting the whole sample at once.

If you are interested in more detailed information, please visit our website:
https://www.vdz-online.de/en/services/research-and-technology/chemistry-and-mineralogy/reference-materials

Specific
enquiries<http://www.linguee.de/englisch-deutsch/uebersetzung/specific+enquiries.html>,
 e. g. relating delivery conditions and costs, should be carried out in direct
email contact to me (contact data see below), not to overload the “Rietveld
list”-user with such stuff.

Best regards

i.A. Roland Pierkes

Roland Pierkes, Dipl.-Min.
Cement Chemistry
roland.pier...@vdz-online.de<mailto:roland.pier...@vdz-online.de>
www.vdz-online.de<http://www.vdz-online.de/>
Tel.: +49-211-45 78-261
Fax: +49-211-45 78-44427
research ¢ technology
Tannenstrasse 2, 40476 Duesseldorf, GERMANY
Chief Executive VDZ e.V.: Dr Martin Schneider
Managing director: Dr Volker Hoenig, Dr Christoph Müller
Registration office: Duesseldorf
Court of registration: Duesseldorf
Commercial registration no.: HRB 66898