*OPPORTUNITY FOR BEAMLINE
/The JATOBÁ beamline is dedicated to the study of a wide range of
materials using the X-ray diffraction technique known as PDF, or Pair
The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory, part of the Brazilian Center
for Research in Energy and Materials (CNPEM), is commissioning a new
Synchrotron Light Source, Sirius, one of the brightest in the world in
its energy range. The beamlines under construction for the Sirius/LNLS
are based on advanced technologies in various engineering fields and
synchrotron light techniques. The JATOBÁ beamline is being built to
produce a high-energy x-ray beam, focused on micrometric dimensions,
dedicated to the study of a wide range of materials using the X-ray
diffraction technique known as PDF, or Pair Distribution Function.
The candidate for this position will:
* Develop the PDF technique using synchrotron radiation.
* Implement specific techniques and instruments for conducting PDF
experiments on the beamline, exploring the micrometric focus and the
high energy of the X-ray beam.
* Develop sample preparation procedures for X-ray diffraction, making
them compatible with other related diffraction and spectroscopy
* Develop strategies for collecting and processing PDF data.
* Conduct scientific research within one of the strategic areas of
* Support the Sirius/LNLS user program.
Apply to this position at: https://pages.cnpem.br/trabalheconosco/
Please do NOT attach files to the whole list <alan.he...@neutronoptics.com>
Send commands to <lists...@ill.fr> eg: HELP as the subject with no body text
The Rietveld_L list archive is on http://email@example.com/