Thanks Sébastien for your explanation again and the shared link to Riot*s way
to handle that.
For me there seem to be a few questions left:

1. The blog entry is talking about "downside is a small loss of privacy." ->
What would that mean to Ring?
2. Matrix is talking about "non-GCM/APNS push mechanisms" -> Are that any
alternatives Ring could use/develop?
3. Will the server-side push server run by you guys? Or is it self-hostable? Or
is the server-side push server the Open DHT network itself?
4. And if Open DHT is just telling, that there is a message xyz exchanged: Who
can someone draw conclusions from who is sending the message through the
network.

p.s. Could you please "group reply" so i get an E-Mail from you as well?