Hi, all.

Here's my challenge to any and all of you: Come up with suggestions and
solutions to enable a 10-year old to get in touch with their buddy on Ring!

*Disclaimer*: My profession is UX Designer and I love FOSS so much that
it's all we run at home. The design challenge of enabling kids to use any
app or software is a rather general one which does apply to a range of
consumer grade applications and where any improvement in usability may very
likely benefit all demographics, not just kids.

At home, Skype is the current got-to communication platform with easily
searchable friends nicks and so on. Ring is far harder, you have to somehow
bring (or Skype) the 40 character ID to your friend, you can not just tell
them your nick.

So, just as a thought experiment, what do you think it would take to enable
kids or anyone non-technical to use Ring?

*ducks for cover*

Cheers,
Jarl Arntzen