----- Le 23 Juin 16, à 10:50, Seva Ivanov <seva.iva...@savoirfairelinux.com> a
écrit :

> Hi to you all,

> As you may know, me and Simon are interns adapting Ring-daemon for the web.

> Right now, we are at the stage where we finished the proof of concepts and we
> are advancing the project towards a functional web client. We are working in
> parallel on the web-client and the ring-api which is exposing the Ring-daemon
> interfaces for the web-client.

> We are rewritting the public interfaces located in /usr/include/dring/.
> If you have some spare time, we would like you to answer one or both of these
> questions:

> 1. What are the functions that are not needed for the web-client?
> 2. What are the absolutely necessary functions?

> We finished dring.h but there are few more left:

>> configurationmanager_interface.h

>>> For example:
>>> 1. func1, func2, ...
>>> 2. func3, func4, ...

>> account_const.h
>> call_const.h
>> callmanager_interface.h
>> media_const.h
>> presencemanager_interface.h
>> security_const.h
>> videomanager_interface.h

> We want to avoid dead code and optimize our time.
> If everyone fills some functions and forwards them from time to time, we might
> end up with a complete and accurate list!

> Thank you!

> Seva

> Project: https://github.com/sevaivanov/ring-api

Seva, Simon,

I prefer to talk in term of features than functions.

To achieve the goal of an "usable" web-base Ring client, I think you need (in
this order):

- possibility to talk to the REST http interface of the daemon (the framework
that you've written so far)
- control the "static" configuration of the daemon: add/remove an account,
modify properties, enable/disable them
- be able to listen to the changes from the daemon (framework for signals)
- execute dynamic features:
- display "contacts" information (interaction with them will come step-by-step
in points below)
- receive a message text (IM) out-of-call
- send an IM out-of-call
- be able to accept/refuse an incoming call
- be able to display the status of a call and stop a call
- tx/rx IM in-call
- display video, in-call and preview for camera setup (audio is fully
controlled by the daemon)
- add full call controls (media pause, transfer, audio controls, conferences,
...)
- add full "smart list" features
- certificates controls

I don't include file transfer and trust request yet, as it's not available yet.

So, in order, look for configurationmanager_interface.h (most of the first API
block), then callmanager_interface.h after.
videomanager_interface.h. API is mostly ordered in term of importance.

This is not a strict planning, some of items (at the end) could be re-ordered.

Regards,
--
Guillaume Roguez | Senior Free Software Consultant
Ring Development Project Director - https://ring.cx