Hi Baptiste,

----- Le 30 Juin 16, à 14:48, Baptiste Jonglez bapti...@bitsofnetworks.org a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that ring-daemon now forcefully tries to build gnutls,
> nettle, and gmp from contrib/.  This is annoying, because Archlinux only
> builds pjproject from contrib/, all other dependencies are taken from the
> system:
>
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=ring-daemon#n28
>

> Speaking of which, what features or bug fixes are absent from upstream
> gnutls?  Archlinux has gnutls 3.4.13.
>
> I saw the packet reordering issue, which should be fixed in gnutls 3.4.14,
> but all other patches in contrib/src/gnutls look either minor or
> non-linux-specific.  Have I missed something important?

As you seen the patch that requires the build of our contrib gnutls + patch
is the reordering packet issue.
Yes, this patch is only on gnutls master branch and planned for 3.4.14 release.

As we build our own gnutls, this requests to build deps associated with,
as on some distribution like Fedora, their nettle package is missing some
symboles.
This causes incompatibility between distribution packages and our contrib.

Don't forget: when gnutls 3.4.14 will be released, distribution will take more
time to adopt it.

How do you think we can resolve that?

--
Guillaume Roguez | Senior Free Software Consultant
Ring Development Project Director - https://ring.cx