Hi,
A patch was merged on Friday which adds libnm-glib as an optionaly dependency
of the gnome client. It was initially libnm (which is the updated API),
but it is not available in some of the older distros that we support.

This allows the client to track network status so that it can tell the daemon
when to re-load the accounts and potentially re-do any port forwarding. This
should improve how well Ring works if you constantly have it running on your
computer while going between different networks. Previously this would
sometimes cause Ring accounts to not work well without either disabling and
then re-enabling the account in the settings or just restarting Ring.

This should feature should be available in our Ring packages the next time
they are updated later this week.

Thanks,
-stepan