Hi all

Originally I successfully evaluated SFLphone 1.3.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 installed from the packages as provided by Canonical. Then I downloaded the source as 'sflphone_1.3.0.orig.tar.gz' from http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty-updates/sflphone-gnome and followed the instructions of the INSTALL file. Starting my installed application neither shows the GUI nor reports anything on the command line.

Yesterday I found https://ring.cx/en/download/gnu-linux, installed and tested Ring on the same target also with success. What confused me about that beta version is the version number under Menu 'About' saying 1.0.0. With that info I can not guess on which versions/tags of LibRing, LibRingClient & GnomeClient this application is based as listed in https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/.

Right now I am not sure which sources I shall take for my modifications.
Personally I would prefer Ring but what's about its dependencies regarding tools & libraries of Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty updates) provided by Canonical?

Cheers
Sebastian