Hi,

On 2016/05/09 23:06 , Clinton Work wrote:
> When looking at the ping measurement json results I found some probes are
> reporting a very high lts (last time synchronized).  Is it normal for very
> high lts values to be reported?
>
> These two anchors seem chronic:
> Probe 6161, max lts 65807
> Probe 6132, max lts 23905

I liked into this. It is caused by two separate issues.

6161 had a clock that was way off. This is caused by the rather old ntpd
on CentOS. We restarted ntpd. We will look into better monitoring for this.

For 6132 the problem is that the round trip latency to the RIPE NCC is
high enough that the lts value doesn't get reset. (The lts value gets
reset whenever the probe code can verify that the local clock is in sync
with the one of the controller. With a high enough latency you just
don't know.)

Philip