Hello,

On 3.2.2018 0:11, Wolfgang S Rupprecht wrote:
Are other people seeing the same failing ping6 to a.root-servers.net?

For my ipv6 capable probe it has been the j-root not answering v6 pings since the beginning of October 2017. The a-root my probe ends at was also not replying to v6 pings from October 2017 to December 2017 and intermittently since then. Both roots are operated by Verisign, maybe they have configs at some of their anycast sites that drop v6 ping. They do answer dns queries for me when I've tried it from a machine in the same network as the probe.

I have also noticed the ipv6 stable tags coming and going, maybe this has something to do with it.

  Tapio