Dear Friends and Colleagues,

*Please note that some of the times have changed from my original mail
due to the slightly later starting time of all of our sessions in Madrid.*

The RIPE Programme Committee is responsible for recruiting and
selecting presentations for the RIPE Meeting Plenary sessions. As the
term of two RIPE PC members end, we are looking for new members in
Autumn 2016 who will be elected by the RIPE community at RIPE 73 in

There are currently two seats up for election to the RIPE PC. Please
send nominations, with a biography, statement of interest and
photograph, to

The Charter of the RIPE Programme Committee
( provides more
information about the composition and roles of the RIPE PC.

Nominations for the RIPE 73 PC elections can be sent in from today until
Tuesday October 25th, 15:30 CEST. We will announce the PC elections at
the RIPE meeting opening sessions, but interested parties can nominate
themselves from now.

We will close candidate nominations on Tuesday at 15:30 CEST, and
publish the biographies on the RIPE Meeting web site. Candidates (or
their stand-ins) can present themselves at the start of the Tuesday
17:00 CEST session.

The RIPE PC online voting system will be open from Tuesday October 25th,
16:00 CEST until Thursday October 27th, 17:30 CEST, for the community
members to cast their votes.  The total voting numbers may be public.

The official announcement of the elected RIPE PC members will be on
Friday morning, the 28th October, at the start of the 12:00 CEST closing
plenary session.

Questions about the RIPE PC can be sent to

On Behalf of the RIPE PC

Brian Nisbet, Network Operations Manager
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Registered in Ireland, no 275301  tel: +35316609040  fax: +35316603666