Alex,

I do not know what you believe is a "proper and fair CoC process"?

I obviously agree with your opening lines, but after that it seems to be an
exercise in spreading or expressing confusion.

What the TF are proposing is the same kind of CoC and processes that are used
in communities all over the world. This is not something radical and strange
for the RIPE Community. If anything the process being put forth here is more
conservative than many others. There are no hair trigger expulsions being
proposed and there is little scope for any radical actors. And if I'm wrong in
my fortune telling, then we, as a community, can course correct.

I absolutely reject that all CoC decisions must stand up in a court of law. The
community does not, rightly, have the power to fine nor imprison. Fairness is
important, of course, and we will be asked, as a community, to choose people we
trust, to take those fair decisions.

Brian

Brian Nisbet (he/him)

Service Operations Manager

HEAnet CLG, Ireland's National Education and Research Network

1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin D01 X8N7, Ireland

+35316609040 brian.nis...@heanet.ie www.heanet.ie

Registered in Ireland, No. 275301. CRA No. 20036270