On 07/03/2023 16:40, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
Dear friends,

After much unexpected delay, I am at last ready to ask you to read and
comment on this DRAFT statement of principles for remuneration of the
RIPE Chairs, which follows from a recommendation of the RIPE 2020
Nominating Committee.

As your mail-reading app allows, you may choose to read this message
either as plain text or as HTML; I also attach a PDF edition.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Looking back on the original discussion I was reminded of how little consensus there was on the original proposals.

Are we happy that the proposal from the Nomcom is actually the one we are in favour of. Support for the three proposals in my original email seemed pretty well split amongst the three scenarios with maybe a slight bias against formulating a RIPE foundation to employ the RIPE chairs.

I'm still slightly worried about undue influence from the RIPE NCC on the RIPE chair despite all the assurances to the contrary from HPH and others. I know only too well how insidious such influences can be.

Having said that, it may well be that continuing to accept that the RIPE NCC continues to employ the RIPE Chair(s) is the only workable solution.

Nigel