Hi Everyone,

At long last I found a software solution to decoding HCDC files. I'm a
little stuck. My original thought was to locate and convert all of my
44/16 FLAC files. This actually works great, but.... all the metadata
including album cover art gets lost in the process.

To convert an existing HDCD encoded FLAC file to a new, decompressed
44/24 file:

ffmpeg -i 01\ This\ House\ Is\ on\ Fire.flac -f wav pipe:1 |
hdcd-detect - -c | ffmpeg -i pipe: test3.flac

I'm hoping someone here has a good solution I haven't thought about yet.
:) For instance, if there was an easy CLI tool to use to copy all tags
from an old flac to a new flac, I'd be done.

Best,

Erik