BJW wrote:
> Try playing around with winamp, it's actually a lot of fun to use.

Yapp - do you want to know some background ?

Peter Pawlowski once one one the Winamp developer started another Player
called foobar 2000 cause of winamp was (@ 2000) too much
gimmickblowup....

If you want to compare a "player" like Winamp with lms you need to
compare Itunes or something else not winamp.

> Server inventing tag fields like "trackartist" that don't exist in tags
> is another.
Well thats not the case....
A single Track has a Artist Tag thats used by lms!

If you want to see all tracks from an artist - you need to put all
tracks from all artists together - winamp cant do that!
If one Album has more than one Artist - you need to make a decision. Is
it a Compilation or not.

eg. Crossroads from Eric Clapton is a Best of from Eric Clapton with all
of his Hits with all of his former Bands.
If you want to see that as an compilation - you dont need anything
further.
If you dont want it as a compilation you can use

- eg Albumartist "Eric Clapton" on all (not one) Track where the
  "Track" Artist is not Eric Clapton
- Eric Clapton;Derek and The Dominos as "Track" Artist

Feel free to use any Software you want and listen to music you like use
our Tricks or not its up to you.

If you would understand the decisions (not  logical fallacy) that are
needed to provide all the hidden stuff in a database that make using &
quering fast you would see the "we must die way one or another" thats
needed to do so.

A wise Guy told me a long time ago -Computers help us to sort out things
we never would have without Computers.-
Another "wise" Guy (the same who was blamed for something he never said
about "640K should be enough for everybody) Its not a bug its a
feature.

cheers