BJW wrote:
> Just my 2 cents, sorry if I repeat...
>
> RG is best when written via the r128 standard.  Most apps now do I
> think, unfortunately winamp doesn't.
>
> RG also writes both track and album tags, and peak values.  Ergo best to
> analyze all tracks on a given album at once.
>
> Soundcheck only does track values afaik, but as stated is all Apple gear
> will recognize.
>
> I am unclear where the soundcheck value goes...  I think it's appended
> to the comment frame using a method similar to the null \\ mp3tag
> method, which I frankly don't fully understand.

I use dbpoweramp or foobar2000 to write RG track and album tags.   dbpa
will also write SOUNDCHECK tags at the same time, and can either base
this on the track RG or album RG values.

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
-Streaming:- Spotify