BJW wrote:
> All good ideas above.
>
> Are all the files in the same folder?  (Should be imo) YES
> Are u sure u have no dupe files anywhere?   YES
> I would assign the same 'album artist' value to all tracks.  (For now)
> NOT YET
> I would remove any comp tags.  (For now) NONE
> I would try a new slightly different folder name. NOT YET , DONE IT NOW
> I would do a full clear and rescan.
>
> Also, u gotta look for weird or incongruent tags/fields...  do they have
> id3v1 as well as v2?  MAYBE
> Remove all v1 tags.  Any musicbrainz tags?  NONE
> Anything unusual?  Replay album gain mismatch?  And weird disc tags?
> Disc number?  Etc.  NONE

Rescanning everything made no difference

Previously, for the Cee Lo album, I had removed all the tags with
mp3tag, and then recreated them from the filename and some manual input.
Mp3tag describes the tag type as IDv2.3(ID3v1 & ID2v2). I changed mp3tag
options to write only APE tags, and then clear and rescan. mp3tag
confirmed the tags were APE but LMS thought they were ID3v2.3.0,
ID3v1.1. ??
Anyway the rescan didn't cure anything , and the file path still started
with a //

Next step was to copy the album files to another new album folder, and
delete the original. Success!.
This also fixed the John Legend album, which is actually Flac, so it
wasnt an mp3 only issue.

I have played a few tracks from the JL album, and checked the Play count
is now 1. I have rescanned, half expecting the problem to re appear, but
it didn't. So my library looks OK again now.

Thanks for all the help.

Nigel

Lounge: Transporter -> Cyrus Linkpower x 3 -> PMC OB1i
Bedroom: Classic -> Cyrus Linkpower -> B&W VM1
Kitchen:     Classic -> Denon AVR-x2200W -> Mission 753
Gym:      Picoreplayer/IQAudio Dac/Touch screen -> Cyrus 8 & PSX-R - Kef
Reference 104/2
Office :    PC Squeezelite-X -> Cyrus III -> Linn Kan
Garage:   Boom
Server:      Raspberry Pi4 8GB, Picoreplayer LMS 8.0.0