Yeah, these will be automated.

I have some macro carts that are able to handle some of our transitions.  Like 
a local jock stab relay into a network Voice Track.  They wanted the song to 
start playing, then after 1 second a relay to fire a 3-second local jock stab 
on the affiliates, then leave 3 seconds for the stations' imaging, then start 
the voice track.

I think that can work like:

-Macro Cart 50002 (EX 50003!)
-4 Second Blank Audio
-Voice Track
-Song

All starting at the same time.  Cart 50003 is (SP 1000! GO 1 2 1 1500!)

I'm pretty sure that does what I want, somewhat easily, because it is a fixed 
time, i.e. it's always 1 sec, relay, 3 sec, voice track.  The jock gets to do 
the backtiming.  I'm hoping to be able to have non-voicetracked elements 
backtime also.

Dennis

From: Nathan Steele [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:01 AM
To: Dennis Graiani
Subject: Re: [RDD] Backtiming multiple events over a song intro

or the simple but not automatic answer if there is a live operator would be to 
use the sound panel and fire them manually. I take it you need to automate it 
though...perhaps a macro cart?, or the aux log. Never done much with either 
though, so I won't be much more help....

Nathaniel C. Steele

Chief Engineer/Technical Director

WTCF-TheCrossFM

Southernlight.us
On 7/11/2013 10:55 AM, Dennis Graiani wrote:
Good morning!

One show we plan to move over to Rivendell (from a proprietary DOS-based system 
we own) is a Top 40 program which wants to fire multiple elements during the 
intro to the song, leading up to the Talk End marker.

One thing I haven't quite figured out yet, is the scenario the show's producer 
says is used when they have an "Artist ID".  The sequence of events on the air 
is:

0:00.0  Song with 15 second post starts
0:06.0  ID is 6 seconds long starts "This is XXXX, you are listening to YYYY 
with ZZZZ"
0:12.0  Closure for station calls.

They also provided me with this example:

0:00.0 Song Starts
0:01.0 Liner Starts "This is Show Name!"
0:03.0 Closure to say Station Calls


I'm not exactly sure how to make this work in a log, as I don't think I can 
have events play out of sequence (kind of like a 'negative segue')

Has anybody done this?

Thanks!

Dennis


Dennis J. Graiani, CBT
Director of Engineering

United Stations Radio Networks
1065 Avenue of the Americas, Fl 3
New York, NY 10018

212-536-3623 (office)
212-852-6723 (fax)




_______________________________________________

Rivendell-dev mailing list

http://caspian.paravelsystems.com/mailman/listinfo/rivendell-dev

_______________________________________________
Rivendell-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://caspian.paravelsystems.com/mailman/listinfo/rivendell-dev

Reply via email to