Hello Alan,

That's an interesting option, but it would screw up the philosophy behind the
way I schedule songs. Every song scheduled has something to do with the song
before. All songs have "energy" tags, so it keeps natural to listen to. For
example: a low energy song will never play right after a high energy song.
Therefor it's easier to kick out the extra song scheduled.

I think it might be easier to let my stationmanager program the option I'm
asking for into Rivendell (he's also a Linux-developer). I don't think it will
happen very often that the news will run a lot over time, I just want to tackle
the chance of it happening. Basically (I'm not a programmer, but this in my
head) he'll need to turn an OR into an AND in the "options" line. I'm sure it
will need some more coding. Maybe a command-line can be runned at the "make
next" time, checking for how long the playing song will be running and trigger
an action if that time exceeds 2.30 minutes.

Thanks for thinking with me! I appreciate that and you're helping me in finding
a solution. Which I happily share with you.

Sincerely,

Peter van Embden

Radio Capelle

Netherlands