I use ubuntu and it's quite similar.
First create a desktop shortcut. Sometimes you can right click on the main
menu and add to desktop.
Now fire up the file manager.
Hit ctrl H to turn on hidden files. Look near the top of your home
directory for a folder called .config (all hidden files have dot at the
start). Now double click on .config folder then go into the autostart
folder. Move your desktop shortcut into there and it will autostart on
login.
Many thanks
Geoff barkman