Interesting. We use Audacity on our Riv machines to do quick edits but have
not used it for critical recording mainly because I wasn't sure how clean
and professional it would be and because we would need to install a second
high quality sound card for recording. When editing, we play back over the
MB sound or a simple sound card. I guess if we don't care about clean
balanced inputs we could use a regular card. It's just simpler for the
operator to record into the Riv playout when he is doing a live interview
but I can rearrange things and no, pause in that case isn't super critical.

Still learning the best way to do things,

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute