Hi,

I've only just come to this thread so I'll add my 2 cents worth.

Having been playing with the existing Tryphon repository, I've been using the
Mate edition of Linux Mint. Basically this is because the v17 Mints were based
on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and the system would be well supported for 5 years. Also
there were builds for 14.04 LTS on the repository.

However, as you say, it doesn't matter what distro you use.  I think it does
matter though which desktop you use.  Having been using most of the common
desktops, I think we need to keep it basic.  If you have anything with "Hot
Corners" and the like, the desktop starts to do things that might be
undesirable in a live radio setup.  That is why I chose to use the Mate
desktop, and why I think the older Centos 6 desktop is better than the newer
Centos 7.

Andy

---- On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 17:02:48 +0100 Seth Stevenson wrote ----