Hi,

Sounds like you're looking for rivendell_filter

rivendell_filter will copy carts and database entries for a cart group,
or a range of carts (or a single cart) to another system.  I did this
not too long ago to use a laptop as a demo of Rivendell, I wanted to
grab a sample set of carts as opposed to an entire library.  You can
search the Wiki, here's the direct link:

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/RIVENDELL_FILTER.txt_-_Usage_Notes_for_the_%27rivendell_filter%27_Import_Script.

What I did for my setup:

1. Installed a fresh copy of Rivendell in stand alone mode on my demo
laptop, got it all up and running, made sure I could play a test file
and such. Tested a local import and made sure that worked, etc.

2. Created the groups on my demo system that I wanted to bring over

3. Temporarily mounted my /var/snd on my Source Rivendell server to a
folder in the home folder on my demo machine with read only access to
the source (so I mounted the source /var/snd to a folder that I created
/home/demo/mnt )

4.  Made sure I had enough disk space, and then ran from a shell:

rivendell_filter -h 192.168.0.100 -u rduser -p letmein -A /home/demo/mnt
-g MUSIC1

It took some time, but imported the entire MUSIC1 group on to my demo
laptop.

Note, it does not import things such as clocks, logs, etc. This script
only deals with carts in the library, so if you want that to come across
you'll need to use one of the methods to do this.  But it sounds like it
this may be what you're looking for.

Lorne Tyndale