On Tuesday 13 February 2018 11:12:04 am 41001...@python.interpring.com wrote:
> Then what do you do when the installer doesn't recognize critical pieces
> of hardware, such as NICs, hard drive controllers, or video chipsets?

 I have run into that, but on older chipsets where Red Hat has dropped
 support, not newer.
 F'instance, the LMC T-1 card, which has been a part of the kernel code
 since 2.2.x.
 It's still in the kernel, but RH has removed necessary other parts to make it
go.
 I still have two of those cards, but they aren't 64 bit, and since they haven't
 been produced in a decade or so, aren't gonna be anytime soon.
 I ( yes, ME ) am not gonna run right out and buy all new hardware just
 because Micro$oft ( and by extension Red Hat, and by further
 extension CentOS ) says I must.

 The situation of which you speak, I have run into, maybe once, a board
 where I had to plug a NIC into a slot to finish the install, and do an update,
 but after that everything else just worked.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

"I gained nothing at all from Supreme Enlightenment, and for that very
reason it is called Supreme Enlightenment."
                -- Gotama Buddha