Hmmm

On 10/02/18 10:22, Marius wrote:

Has anyone seen/solved a problem like this before? I'm in a quandary as to how to determine the cause of this (ill-formed script?, Rivendell problem?, linux performance issue?, etc.).

I have a server set up to audition large numbers of audio files and a clever script that uses the rdlibrary report to load all carts into rdairplay so I can check levels and segues etc The system used to hang every so many hundred files and I found that Gnome has a file limit 'feature' which can be reconfigured to a large number.

https://easyengine.io/tutorials/linux/increase-open-files-limit/

Which solved the problem here.

It may also be limiting the import number.

Might be as well to test it on a non critical machine first

regards

Robert