It looks like using the new v1 backward API link is the simplest change.

   - Externals: add to [station] section in the RLM config file:
      - ApiVersion - how RLM talks to Spinitron for this station
         - 0 or omitted = old API call with user and password phrases
         - 1 = new v1 backward-API call with API key value
      - ApiKey - Spinitron-assigned station API key for ApiVersion=1
   - In the program:
      - If ApiVersion = 1:
         - Format curl message with no user or password phrase; all else is
         the same
         - Invoke curl with -H 'Authorization: Bearer STATION_API_KEY'
         phrase w/the station's API key and the v1 API web address
      - Otherwise
         - No change to curl message (has user/password phrases)
         - No change to curl invocation

The v1 backwards-compatible API is documented here:
https://gist.github.com/spinitron/fec82a90f1ae97440bbe2cca011c9e2d