Greetings,

Well we had previously used a cifs connection to the windows box, but the
mount point being in the user directory would cause the file manager
sometimes 15 minutes to populate waiting on the windows box. This made it
rdlogmanger lockup when trying to create a log as it was looking for that
mount point
for traffic import. we thought going the other way would stop this problem
(which it did) but now we have this problem.

As I said it only happens during the day when that mount point is being
used by the traffic system.

rivendell only needs that share for the short time it takes to import
traffic, but of course the traffic system needs to see it all the time.

Wondering if I am going to have to go back to the old way of just sending
the log over via ftp, which was the method years ago.

maybe I can write a short batch file for the traffic girl to run after she
finishes the log.

Cheers

Tim Camp
WZEW-FM