For copying from 1 rivendell install to another, the easiest is to use
rivendell_filter

It will copy carts (including audio) from one Rivendell machine to
another.  A few things to keep in mind though.

-It will use the same cart numbers on the destination machine as the
source machine.  So if you already have carts on your destination
machine with the same cart numbers, they will be over-written

-It does not do any audio processing.  It simply will copy the audio
files as-is and copy across the needed database entries

-The 2 machines need to be networked and you'll have to mount your
/var/snd from your source machine to somewhere on your destination
machine other then /var/share for the purpose of copying your audio
(once the audio is copied over you can unmount the source /var/share)

-The database on the source machine needs to be accessible over the
network

For syntax, do a:

rivendell_filter --help

Hope this helps.