Jake,

you are operating at a level above what I am suggesting...

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 9:22 AM Jake Litwin <p...@hitmusiccentral.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Drew. The first thing I noticed if I try to do a
> systemctl status is that I get rd is not in the sudoers file. So I did a su
> - to root. I first checked caed in the output was Unit caed.service could
> not be found. Same goes for ripcd and rdcatchd.

For this experiment, do not try to start rivendell in any normal way...

So, open three terminals (xterm, gnome-terminal, etc.

Let's check if any of Riv's daemons are actually running and kill them if
so.

>From one of the terminals:

ps ax | grep caed
ps ax | grep ripcd
ps ax | grep rdcatchd

sudo killall caed
sudo killall ripcd
sudo kill rdcatchd

if you find any running.

Now we should be happy that nothing Riv is running.

>From terminal one:
caed
if that fails:
sudo caed