Andy,

I may have a workaround for you. It is a bit involved but it seems to work.

(I hope I get this right.)

drag a cart into the pre-import cart area.
click / select Use hard start time.
change the play to segue just under that bit.
click save
click ok
Event properties in the "higher level" should show SEGUE, Timed(Start),
Scheduler

edit the event again.
unselect Use hard start time.
Delete the pre import cart.
click save
click ok
Event properties in the "higher level" should show PLAY, Scheduler

edit the event again.
the first cart has a Segue transition should be grayed out but it *should*
be Segue and not Play now.

click OK.

Generate a log.
You should see SEGUE transitions in the generated log...

all the best,

drew