Don,

How did you import your database on the 3.3 machine?  And what's the
error message?

Usually what I have done which has worked for me - make sure the
Rivendell services are not running and import the database via the mysql
command line. Of course make sure that the mysql account used has the
needed permissions and that mysql is set up to allow for access from the
network.  Then starting up services and run rddbmgr --modify as root to
let it to the database update from the old schema to the new one.

Of course also running rdadmin to make sure that the hostnames, ip
addresses and such all match what they need to be.

Lorne Tyndale