Hi,

Is this only with ALSA, or have you also seen the same issue if you are
running audio through Jack?

Just wondering, I have not seen this issue myself.

I have run into issues with Apache taking time if for some reason
reverse DNS lookups are turned on.  Check your apache configuration and
maybe try adding:

HostnameLookups Off

Normally this should not be an issue as newer builds of apache default
to host name lookup being off, but if for some reason it is on this
could cause issues.

Also, make sure you've got a static IP address and set up your hosts
file with that IP and your host name.

Is /var/snd on a network share? Is it possible that there is latency on
that share?  This could cause delays in starting to play audio too.

Lorne Tyndale