Had to tweak it a bit. I had to use \xe2\x84\x89 to get F instead of C and didn't need all the paths, but it works great.

Thanks,
Michael

Robert Jeffares wrote on 1/5/21 8:12 PM:
Try

hotness=`echo 18 $'\xe2\x84\x83'`
/usr/bin/rmlsend --to-host=localhost --to-port=5858 LB\ "$hotness"!

works in v3.x

substitute $temperature  for 18 using your local variable

73

Robert