Hi,

I tried a while back to get Rivendell running on Ubuntu 20.04, but ran into QT4 issues as others have.  At the time I spent about a day - both trying unofficial QT4 packages for 20.04 and compiling QT4 from source.  Previously I'd been able to compile QT3 this way to get 2.x running on distributions without QT3, but I had no luck with QT4 and gave up, figuring it was not worth the effort.

I'd love to hear if someone has success, but from checking github repositories it looks like some work is being done by Fred on a QT5 port.

Lorne Tyndale

On 2021-03-19 4:08 a.m., Florent Peyraud wrote:

Hi Nick

Le 19/03/2021 à 03:10, Nick Andre a écrit :
Hey we're getting to update time off of 16.04. Would be nice to get sufficient QT4 compiled on 20.04. Anyone made any progress here? Or would I be blazing a trail?
We used to do this for Qt3 but this is a lot of work to maintain. There are some PPAs around porting Qt4 to Ubuntu 20.04 [1], but the risk is that they are not following updates. My opinion is to keep as close as possible to distro packages availability. This is why the Rivendell packages I propose on https://apt.rivendell-fr.org are built for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

May just run 18.04 for now but support there is only 2 more years.

In fact, this LTS will be supported until 2028 by Canonical [2], at least for security updates, but this is 7 years ahead. I hope Rivendell will be Qt5 enabled before 2028, or even better : Qt6 ready !

Best Regards

Florent

[1] https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/07/install-qt4-ubuntu-20-04/

[2] https://www.serverwatch.com/server-news/canonical-extends-ubuntu-18-04-lts-linux-support-to-10-years/